Every school in CISVA (Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdioceses) has a process for admitting students. As part of this process, the pastor of the parish and the principal will meet with each family.
Parish schools within the Archdiocese service the Parish to which the school is affiliated. Each year, the Parish subsidizes the school financially to balance the school’s budget. In accordance with CISVA policy, applications for enrolment will be given preference in the following order:
- Children presently enrolled at St. Anthony of Padua provided they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
- Siblings of children already attending St. Anthony of Padua whose families are practicing Catholics who are active in the parish.
- Children whose parents are practicing Catholics who are active at St. Anthony of Padua parish.
- Siblings of children already attending St. Anthony of Padua whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics coming into the parish, who have been attending Catholic school elsewhere.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are either not practicing Catholics or are not active in their parish.
- Non-Catholics. Enrolment of more than 15% non-Catholics in any grade requires approval of the board of directors. Once accepted into the school, non-Catholics need meet only the criteria expected of other students to be readmitted in subsequent years. Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics.
If you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) at St. Anthony of Padua School, please download a Request For Application Form and send a completed form to the school office.